The new Punjab government led by Captain Amarinder Singh is already on business. A government delegation led by Punjab CM visited Mumbai to meet the giants of Indian corporate, the Birlas, Tatas, Mahindras, Hindujas and Reliance to discuss their investment prospects in the state infrastructure projects.
In a first win, Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) chairman and MD Mukesh Ambani committed a series of investment initiatives for the development of infra projects for the state.
The list includes:
- Free WiFi to government educational and health institutions.
- Employment opportunities to youth
- Training of sportspersons for upcoming Tokyo Olympics
- Steps to boost the earnings of farmers, besides providing jobs for youth.
Talks still on. Many more in the offing.
Other Offers made in meetings with other corporate giants:
- In meeting with Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group head Anil Ambani, Ambani offered metro rail service in Punjab in PPP, cheaper power and sought land for setting up testing ranges for his firm’s new defence projects.
- While Goenkas offered setting up a tractor tyre plant;
- Mahindras offered for digitisation of the state’s urban local bodies and set up Dial 100 emergency response system.
Punjab government delegation is pondering over the viability of the offers.
Source: Times of India
Image credits: Google Images