- Electric Charge: The bus takes six hours to charge fully, after consuming 110 units of electricity.
- Green and Clean: It has absolutely zero emission.
- Safe Battery: The bus has a fire safe battery.
- Economical: The running cost (Rs 5 for each km) is one-third of the conventional bus figure (Rs 15 per km).
- Mileage: The mileage (3.62 km per litre) is lower than the national average (3.82 kmpl).
The only negative is the high initial cost.
- The version under test, right now, has a price tag of whopping Rs 1.5 crore, where as the conventional bus of the same size is just Rs 30 lakh.
It also has facilities like a closed-circuit television (CCTV) camera, a public address system and firefighting equipment.
Over the years, the city’s air has deteriorated beyond the permissible level. The Chandigarh Pollution Control Committee (CPCC) has recorded 100 microgram per cubic metre (mcgcu m) of repairable suspended particulate matter (RSPM)–a serious amount.
Source: Times of India