If you thought that Indian Railways was limiting itself to just to ultra- cool and swanky Tejas Express, well you are here for a surprise!
Under Indian Railway Ministry’s ‘Operation Swarn’, the superfast Rajdhani and Shatabdi will get upgraded.
These will be no cosmetic tweaks, but major improvements are going to be there to improve the passengers travel experience.
Some of the new upgradations will be:
- Refurbished coach interiors
- Comfortable seats
- Improved sanitation infrastructure
- Maintenance of cleanliness in coaches
- Strengthening the security system in the trains with adequate deployment of Railway Protection Force personnel
- Passengers will be able to watch films, TV shows and enjoy music
- Hygienic ways of handling food
- Special trolleys
- Clean linen and new uniforms for the staff aboard
- Infotainment screens (as in Tejas Express)
- Coffee vending machines
In its first phase, the Mumbai-Delhi Rajdhani Express and Mumbai-Ahmedabad Shatabdi Express have been selected for the makeover.
In the last few years, passengers have complained about the service and quality of food and not to miss the cleanliness.
TEJAS EXPRESS STARTED IN MAY
In May, Tejas Express, India’s newest train, made its debut trip from Mumbai to Goa. The superfast train promises a flight-like experience on the track at less than Rs. 1,500 a ride.
The Tejas Express has German coaches fitted with LED screens, is loaded with coffee vending machines, automatic doors, fire repression system, bio-vacuum toilets, attendant call buttons, reading LED lights, besides free WiFi connectivity.
Also Read: First Look| Tejas Express: Countdown For Hi-Speed (160kmph) Train Between Delhi-Chandigarh Begins