Finally, Chandigarh passengers have reason to cheer.
The Delhi-Chandigarh section will have a high speed of 160 kmph as the Rail Coach Factory (RCF) is all set to roll out the first rake of 19 coaches in a couple of days and will be on tracks by the end of the month.
Though the newly designed coaches can run at 200 kmph but due to constraints related to rail tracks these coaches will run at a speed of 160 kmph.
It is known that the the first rake comprising 19 coaches including sixteen non-executive and two executive chair cars besides one power coach will be handed over to the Northern Railway by May 15 and will be on track by the end of this month, provided Railway Board gives a green signal.
Initially the Railway Board had decided to run the first high speed train Tejas express on Mumbai-Goa section but now the allotment has been made to Northern Railways.
ABOUT THE TEJAS EXPRESS:
- Tejas and Humsafar, two of the new trains were announced by Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu during his Rail Budget 2016 speech.
- Both the trains have manufactured at the Rail Coach Factory (RCF) Kapurthala.
- A coach is manufactured within six months.
- The cost of each coach is Rs 3.25 crore.
FEATURES OF TEJAS EXPRESS
- Automatic entrance plug door: For the first time ever in Indian railways history, an ‘automatic entrance plug door’ has been introduced, which means:
- better sound
- heat insulation
- doors of entire rake to be controlled by a guard panel.
- Food: The Train will have five star menu set by none other than Sanjeev Kapoor himself
- Luxury chair car: The luxury chair car is fitted with many facilities:
- On every seat back, nine inch LCD screen with touch screen control
- A personalized infotainment system
- USB charging facility on every seat.
- Highly comfortable and adjustable e-leather upholstery
- Redesigned arm rest
- Adequate leg support.
- Jerk free ride: The new coach is fitted with features to ensure jerk free ride at high speed:
- Improved couplers
- New and upgraded braking system.
- Bell on above panel to call attendant
- Lavatory: Tejas coaches also have got improved lavatory and bio toilets.
- with airlines like vacuum evacuation
- sensor taps
- soap dispenser
Enjoy the glimpse of Tejas Interior too: