Waterproof, non-tearable, bar-coded and a sheet with security thread and micro printing.
No, here I’m NOT talking about any USD currency note, but Panjab University’s academic degrees!
Over 80,000 students from PU and its affiliated colleges will be honoured with academic degrees with these features and a Quick Response (QR) code at the upcoming annual convocation in March.
Explaining the rationale of the project, the Controller of examination (CoE), Panjab University, Professor Parvinder Singh, said the ‘project has been initiated to crack down on the issue of fake degree certificates and also to make the degree verification process easier.’
The project is not much different to HRD’s move to provide digital degrees.
RELATED: Another First For Chandigarh; PU To Turn Digital In Issuing Degrees
Benefits of Academic Degrees with Security features:
- With QR codes in place, the university and the college authorities will be able to verify them by scanning the code.
- QR codes will also help the students get their degrees verified anytime and from anywhere. They just need to click their respective QR codes to keep them in their phones and whenever required, they can get their degrees verified from the campus by showing that code in the phone.
- The hidden security features can give details of the students’ enrolment number, date of exam or the exams taken, etc.
- It will be a solution for the bogus certificates issue at the time of admissions.
- The students will also be able to apply online for the verification and after the convocation, their details will be uploaded online, hence no longer wait for verification when applying for higher studies in other universities.
- Easing the burden of Examination department which is usually burdened with the applications from students going abroad and elsewhere for higher education and wishing to get their varsity degree certificates verified.
We are happy, aren’t we?
Image credits: Google Images
Source: Hindustan Times
PU Installs Three Colored Bins in the Campus for Waste Management