- Implementation of the project will be done under the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- Enable us segregate waste efficiently
- Helps in converting organic waste into compost.
- In hostels, students have to write figures regarding amount of waste generated on the board every evening. It will be like an inventory
- Study on solid waste management was conducted on solid waste characterization and its assessment for potential methane generation. It was found that there is a significant increase in municipal solid waste (MSW) generation in India during the last few decades and its management is a major issue. Poor management practices has affected the health and amenity of the cities.
|Green Bin||White Bin||Black Bin|
|wet/organic material||dry/recyclable left over||domestic hazardous waste|
|Cooked food/ leftover food, vegetable/ fruit peels, egg shell, rotten eggs, chicken/fish bones, tea bags/ coffee grinds, coconut shells||Plastic waste including plastic covers, bottles, boxes, cups, toffee wrappers, soap or chocolate wrapper and paper waste including magazines, newspapers, tetra packs, cardboard cartons, pizza boxes or paper cups/plates||CFL, tube light, printer cartridges, broken thermometer, batteries, button cells, expired medicines, used syringes, mosquito repellent refill bottles, CDs and old cassettes|
|Garden waste including fallen leaves/ twigs or the puja flowers/ garlands||Metallic items like tins/cans foil paper and containers and even the dry waste including cosmetics, hair, rubber/thermocol, old mops/ dusters/ sponges/ discarded cloth and also the expired credit or debit cards|
Source: Hindustan Times
Image Credits: Google Images