For those who have thought Panjab University as their hangout zone, here’s a news for you all.
PU is no longer your gedi route!
The university has tightened its norms on ‘vehicle-free’ policy under which any breach of rule will be penalised.
Some of the things identified in the new policy are:
- Following are considered offences and fined Rs. 1oo
♦ Parking at non-designated zones
♦ Blowing of horns
♦ Use of bikes without mufflers
♦ Vehicles without stickers
- Mandatory for College teachers visiting the campus to carry their identity card or authorisation letter from their principal to enter the campus.
Research scholars will be allowed entry on basis of permission from their supervisor and department chairperson.
No student will be allowed entry in the university after 5pm and on holidays with out permission.
Students coming to library should have permission of librarian and have to park their vehicles in parking area near gate number 1.
- Students coming to USOL have to carry their ID card while visiting the campus.
- Students studying in department of evening studies should have a valid ID card and can enter only on two-wheelers.
- For outsiders, the university has a parking lot at gate number 1 to accommodate around 200 vehicles.
The policy was approved by the syndicate during its meeting on Sunday in which the report of the sub-committee was tabled for consideration. It will be tabled for a final nod in the next senate meeting so that it is implemented from the 2017-18 academic session.
After the firing incident on April 8, 2016, the PU restricted entry inside the campus.
Source: Times of India