Nagme hain, shikwe hain
Kisse hain, baatein hain
Baatein bhool jaati hain,
Yaadein yaad aati hain
Chandigarh, for us, is not a city of concrete, It’s our young buddy, who is growing with us and within us. Since it’s birth, our parents have been with it, flourishing it and now it’s now with us. So many fond memories we have created with it.
Share those beautiful yaadein with us like your khaane ke ade, hangout places, what it used to feel while traveling through the city, sights, sound, smell then.
Chandigarh Urban Festival wants to immortalise the Chandigarh that it has been.
WHAT TO DO?
Dig in your old photo albums. Find those pictures (1960’s-2000) that says some anecdote – a kissa – to tell. Send us that precious picture and share your beautiful kissa.
For example, I remember my father telling me what a frenzy amongst youth it was when Silsila movie was released. He bunked his classes and went with his whole gang, friends, cousins to watch at Neelam theatre in Sector 17, which in his words was ‘our Opera house’. The gate-keeper would instantly become extra cautious and doubly check our tickets. Sometimes, we did succeed in sneaking-in an extra – without ticket!
WHAT WILL BE DONE TO THOSE PICTURES & STORIES?
THEY WILL BE IMMORTALISED.
Selected photographs will be published in Chandigarh Urban Festival 2020’s prestigious magazine with your name and story.
The magazine will be mailed to you with a personalised note from the organisers for another leaf in your kissa.
- Anyone (age, region, nationality no bar) can participate.
- Participant can send one or maximum of three pictures.
- Picture(s) must necessarily be accompanied by anecdote/memory/kissa.
- The word limit for anecdote is 70-80 words.
BASIS OF STRIKING OUT ENTRIES:
The Chandigarh Urban Festival 2020 will reserve the discretion to select pictures as they find the best. Total count of selected pictures can be as many as 50.
- Picture quality: We understand that the pictures can be scanned or mobile clicked of original hardcopy which in turn can be black and white. However, we request you to ensure good quality of pictures as these pictures will go through printing next.
2. Personal pictures: Family pictures are invited but they should have a background of Chandigarh and interesting/emotional connect to the city. Sharing personal pictures without that connect will be disqualified.
The submissions are accepted between January 25 – February 25, 2020. Entries received post 11.59 pm on February 25, 2020 will not be accepted.
- Photographs can be in landscape or portrait mode.
- Must not carry any signature/logo/watermark.
- No selfies are accepted.
RIGHTS & ROYALTY:
- Only original photographs.
- The participant must hold the copyrights over the photograph.
- It can be a photograph uploaded earlier by the participant for non-commercial purpose. If the photograph has been published in any website/blog, social media etc. the participant must declare it at the time of submission.
- By participating in the contest, the participant agrees to allow ChandigarhX and Chandigarh Urban Festival to use the photographs.
- ChandigarhX and Chandigarh Urban Festival decision will be final & non-challengeable.
PLEASE NOTE: The CUF’20 magazine is published enumerating all the activities and events during the festival. This may take two to three months.
WHERE TO SUBMIT
Option 1. Mail it to: email@example.com, with Subject – Nostalgia 2020
Option 2: Submit here. You can submit upto 3 photographs and maximum size is 5 MB each. (Please be patient when the photograph is uploading. Don’t refresh your page.)
So, grab your old albums and share a kissa from your treasure chest.
ChandigarhX is Proud to be associated as Online Media Partner of Chandigarh Urban Festival CUF’20.