Mohali online property registration portal has been started. As a matter of fact, it became the first district in Punjab to achieve this feat. Now residents won’t have to run from pillar to post for getting their properties registered from various government officials.
The online land records will be registered through National Generic Document Registration System(NGDRS). This portal was launched by VK Meena, chief secretary-cum-financial commissioner(revenue) in the District Administrative Complex.
The Benefits of Online Property Registration
- Parties will receive an appointment from the sub-registrar(tehsildar). Administrative staff will schedule time as per the parties’ turn.
- Stamp duty, registration fees, registration fees and other fees (based on collector’s rates) will be automatically calculated.
- Sellers and buyers will receive instant SMS alerts, linking land records with registration form.
- Photos of buyers, sellers, witnesses and sub-registrars will captured in real-time.
- Prevention of tampering of records as Aadhaar card is compulsory for registration
- No additional fees have to be submitted for online registration.
Mandatory Details About the Online Property Registration System
The online registration can be availed only between 9 am to 5 pm. The entire registration process takes 10-15 minutes. Aadhaar Card is mandatory for the online registration. The beneficiaries will receive a copy of the record by the sub-registrar office.
Future Plans by the Administration
VK Meena said that the administration was planning to put annexure of different registrations of the portal. People will not have to run helter-skelter for obtaining the necessary documents.
In future, biometric attendance system will also be attached to the portal. The records of the revenue department will also be uploaded. An online payment system will be introduced to get the copy of the registered land records.
News Source – HT Chandigarh
Image Credits – Google Images