For the first time ever, a Maghi Mela, has been organised in Chandigarh.
Started on January 10, the Mela will end on January 26, Manimajra’s Kalagram is all decked up in festive fervor. With the most vibrant Rajasthani theme being in the backdrop, the fair already becomes a carnival to visit.
For the Lohri, special programmes have been planned. Voice of India and Sa Re Ga Ma Pa fame, Salina Shelly and Himanshi Tanwar, will mesmerize the audience with their soulful voices during the star night on January 13, 2017.
Major Attractions of Maghi Mela, Chandigarh
- Performances by known folk artists and TV celebrities like Salina Shelly and Himanshi Tanwar.
- Fun activities and games like Camel ride
- Talent competitions like painting, singing and dancing
- Book Fair for the book lovers
- Know what your future hold for you from an astrologer in attendance
- Health specialist for health counselling
- Exotic food stalls
- Shopping stalls for ethnic wear and other stuff
- And not to miss the special free entry for all those whose marriage anniversaries and birthdays fall between January 10 and January 26.
Punjab has a special relevance for Makar Sankranti called Maghi in Punjab region as the festival coincides with the martrydom of forty Sikh warriors of Mukstar battle (Chalis Mukte).