This Christmas, you are in for a gift from the Indian railways. Rejoice and celebrate, because our favorite Chandigarh-New Delhi Shatabdi will get a face-lift and a makeover. Isn’t that wonderful?
Shatabdi will Evolve into a Gold Standard Train
Shatabdi is all bound to become a “Swarn” or gold standard train. On-board services for passengers have been revamped and improved.
Ambala division has initiated the process of refurbishing coaches of the Chandigarh-New Delhi Shatabdi. Divisional railway manager, Dinesh Sharma Ambala said coaches this process will be completed within the next fifteen days.
The New Features of the Chandigarh-New Delhi Shatabdi
- Punctuality – Trains will be on time. The delay is going to be minimized as much as possible.
- Cleanliness – The staff will don new uniforms and have received special training for serving in the revamped trains.
- Linen – Passengers will be given disposable headrest covers in executive class.
- Coach Aesthetics – Vinyl wrapping and florescent strips for easier movement of travellers. Exteriors of the trains have also been covered with an anti-graffiti coating.
- Toilets – Odour control systems have been installed. Automatic hygiene control systems will be installed in all coaches.
- Catering – New additions to the on-train catering menu.
- Staff behaviour – Staff will maintain polite behaviour in every situation.
- Security and safety of passengers – All coaches are equipped for braille-signage for the visually impaired. Security system will be beefed up.
- Entertainment – New entertainment systems to be included – wi-fi hotspots, HD streaming and more.
- Housekeeping – Headrest to be provided for passengers of executive class.
- Regular feedback will be collected from the passengers and the staff for the betterment of the services.
The cost of upgrading each train is approximately Rs 50 lakh. All the premium trains will get a facelift and the overall cost is around 25 crores.
Yes! With more luxury and relaxation, it is certainly going to be a happy journey for passengers.
(News Source – Times Of India)
(Image Credits – Google Images)
Also Read: November Gift For Chandigarhians. Faster and Luxurious Travel to Delhi in just 3 Hours