Much awaited hi-speed and modern amenities studded Tejas Express finally figures in railways’ new timetable for Chandigarh and Delhi.
Of the six new trains introduced, four have been allotted under the Tejas and Humsafar Express services. These trains will start plying from November 1 under new timetables as allotted by the Indian Railways.
What’s in it for the people of Chandigarh?
Chandigarh benefits greatly, as the Shatabdi trains were the fastest in the New Delhi to Chandigarh route. With new and faster trains, the journey will get shorter. Many passengers will be able to pursue a to-and- fro journey in approximately six hours – a fraction of the present journey time.
The trains will be operating six times a week (except Wednesdays) between New Delhi and Chandigarh.
|Train No 22425||New Delhi-Chandigarh|
|New Delhi (departure)||09.40 am|
|Chandigarh (arrival)||12.40 pm|
|Train No 22426||Chandigarh -New Delhi|
|Chandigarh (departure)||2.35 pm|
|New Delhi (arrival)||5.30 pm|
Timetable as mentioned on Indian Railways website.
The website says that the date of introduction of the Tejas Express between New Delhi and Chandigarh will be notified later.
ABOUT THE TEJAS EXPRESS
- Fast running train at 160 kmph speed
- Twelve coaches in all – 9 AC chair cars, One Executive air conditioned car and 2
- Fully AC Third chair car,
- Optional food services,
- GPS based passenger information system,
- passenger announcement systems,
- fire and smoke detection and suppression system,
- plush and comfortable seats,
- charging points for mobiles and laptops,
- integrated Braille displays and LCD displays over compartment doors.
News Source – NDTV & Indian Railways