The ministry of human resource development has recently announced National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), 2018 and it has brought cheers to Chandigarh. Panjab University has been ranked 20th best university in the country and PGIMER has been adjudged 2nd best medical college, just after Delhi’s AIIMS.
However, PEC Chandigarh stands at 73rd position in engineering category.
More happy news for Chandigarh in the NIRF rankings are:
- Under the overall category of institutes, PU makes a improvement in its ranking from 54 in 2017 to 33 this year.
NIRF rankings are done under 9 different categories.
Top Achievers in NIRF Ranking:
- IISC Bangaluru
- Jawaharlal Nehru University Delhi
- Benares Hindu University, Varanasi
- Chennai’s Anna University, Chennai
- University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
20. Panjab University, Chandigarh
- AIIMS, Delhi
- PGIMER Chandigarh
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
17. Panjab University
- IIT Madras
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Kanpur
59. University Institute of Chemical Engineering and Technology (UICET), PU, Chandigarh
73. PEC University of Technology
- IIM Ahmedabad
- IIM Bangalore
- IIM Calcutta
- IIM Lucknow
- IIM Bombay
42. University Business School, PU
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Mohali
- Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
- University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences (UIPS), PU, Chandigarh
- Miranda House, New Delhi
- St. Stephen’s College, New Delhi
- Bishop Heber College, Tiruchirappalli
- Hindu College, New Delhi
68. Govt. Post-Graduate College for Girls, Chandigarh
82. Goswami Ganesh Dutta Sanatan Dharma College, Chandigarh
No Chandigarh’s institute figured in top Architecture and Law category.
Source: MHRD, National Institute of Ranking Framework (NIRF) India
Image Credits: Google Images