Bringing cheers to proud Chandigarh’s Panjab University students, the university has been ranked 20th amongst 100 universities across the country in the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), 2018. Last year, PU stood 33 in the list.
The NIRF ranking was announced by ministry of human resource development on Tuesday.
- Under the overall category of institutes, PU makes a improvement in its ranking from 54 in 2017 to 33 this year.
- University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences (UIPS), PU, is secured third position amongst pharmacy institutions in the country.
- University Institute of Chemical Engineering and Technology (UICET) got 59th rank amongst engineering institutions of the country
- University Business School of PU bagged 42nd position.
Reason for improvement in PU ranking on NIRF
Professor Rajiv Lochan, director, Internal Quality Assurance Cell, cited various factors for the improvement in the ranking.
- Improvement in teaching and research: On vice-chancellor’s insistence, young faculty members of various departments joined Phd. This helped varsity improve on teaching and learning resource and research and professional career.
- How PU alumni are doing: PU departments have started tracking their old students – how many graduate students joined higher studies and how many were placed after the course. This helped in faring better on graduation outcome and outreach and inclusivity parameters.
Source: Times of India
Image Source: Google Images