Oh wow! Chandigarh gets first of its kind, state-of-the-art, community centre, in sector-37 Chandigarh. It was inaugurated by our local member of the parliament(MP), Kirron Kher on Sunday. The MP was very enthusiastic about it and has appealed to the public to maintain the community center through united participation.
The Features of the Community Centre
The center is fully decked with the following facilities – caterer, florist, decorator and sound system and all other arrangements required for any sort of family function. Other features include –
- Stamped concrete flooring and disabled-friendly entry and exit and public conveniences.
- State-of-the-art building built on an area of 15,370 sq. ft. expenditure of Rs. 4.98 crore,
- Premises is equipped with all modern amenities required for a perfect banquet hall,
- Air-conditioning available all throughout the banquet hall,
- Banquet hall is completely sound proof,
- Total sitting capacity is approximamtely 400-450 persons
- Modular kitchen, pantry and open air kitchen included in the building,
- Make-up room for the bride and
- family room
Asha Jaswal, UT Mayor, said that the Chandigarh Municipal Corporation(MC) has also started the construction of community centers in sectors 43, 50, 52 and Indira Colony. The construction of these community centers will be completed soon.
Community centers in sectors 20, 21 and 38 will be rebuilt after dismantling the present-day structures because they are very old.
(News Source – The Times of India)
(Image Credits – Google Images)
Also Read: Sector 20 Gets An Open-Air Gym| Know More