YouTube, the treasure chest of all videos in the world. No matter how old the video is, where it was shot, it is there on TouTube. Children especially enjoy watching their favorite cartoons on YouTube over and over again, but parental guidance is always needed to filter out the filthy content that corrupts innocent mind.
YouTube has always been at the receiving end for inadequate filters for children viewing. Keeping this in mind YouTube has launched the official YouTube Kids app. The app is absolutely to download. It is especially designed for curious little minds to dive into a world of discovery, learning and entertainment. This is a delightfully simple (and free!) app, where kids can discover videos, channels and playlists they love.
There is a provision to flag any content that is found unsafe for kids, though YouTube has worked hard to keep its automated system perfect.
Features of YouTube Kids App
- The videos in the app are split into four categories: Shows, Music, Learning and Explore.
- The app is easy to navigate with big buttons, easy scrolling, and instant full-screen.
- For whole family viewing, it can be watched on the big screen with Chromecast, Apple TV, game consoles, or smart TVs.
- Some of the amazing videos are their favorites Sesame Street, Thomas & Friends and Talking Tom, online hits like Mother Goose Club, TuTiTu and Stampylonghead, plus anything else they’re into, sports, animals, gaming, crafts and more.
- Adults in the family can still customise the YouTube Kids as per their convenience. Settings are found behind a grown-ups-only lock where you can turn off search for a more restricted experience or set a built-in timer to let kids know when it’s time to stop watching so you don’t have to.
- No paid ads.
- offline videos
- To get started, all parents need is the YouTube Kids app and a YouTube Red membership. Then, just sign in to your YouTube Red account from the parental controls section of the YouTube Kids app and follow a few simple steps. Parents can Try YouTube Red one month free at: www.youtube.com/red/kids
For more information about the app and settings, please read YouTube Kids Parental Guide.