Saturday evening Chandigarh administration announced major decisions on lockdown from May 4, 2020.
• Lockdown period will be extended by two weeks i.e. up to May 17.
• Curfew in the city will be lifted on midnight of May 3.
• Containment zones in the city will be restricted to the pockets identified and notified by Administration:
- Kachi Colony, Dhanas
- Part of Sector 30B
- Part of Bapu Dham colony
- Part of Sector 38
- Part of Sector 52
- Part of Shastri Nagar Manimajra
What’s open/ allowed
• Internal markets in sectors on odd-even basis from 7 am to 7 pm
• Movement of vehicles between 7 am to 7 pm on odd-even basis
• Govt & pvt offices on 33% staff
• Essential shops of fruits, vegetables and medicines on all days
• Distribution of fruits & vegetables by govt buses to continue.
• Sampark centres
• Liquor shops in sector markets
• Hospitals, Dispensaries
• Maximum Three people in four-wheelers & One in two- wheelers allowed
• Walk between 7 am to 7 pm in neighbourhood parks, with facemasks
• Big shopping malls & complexes such as in Sector-17 Market or those on sector dividing roads will remain closed.
Sector 17, sector 15 Patel Market, Shastri Market sector 22, Sadar Bazar & Palika Bazar of sector 19 will remain close: Mayor Raj Bala Malik.
• Malls, hotels, restaurants, discotheques, salons, spa centres, gyms, schools, colleges, coaching centres, swimming pools, sports complexes, social & religious gatherings & inter state buses for public transport (except as permitted by MHA), will continue to remain prohibited.
• Plying of Cycle rickshaw, auto rickshaws, cabs
• Restaurants/ eating places
• Delivery of cooked food via online agencies
• Apni Mandis
• Wearing masks in public places continue to be mandatory. The violators will be punished accordingly.
• Persons above 65 years of age, persons with co-morbidities, pregnant women, and children below the age of 10 years, shall stay at home.