With the covid situation in Chandigarh improving, UT Administration has approved easing up the restrictions:
• The restrictions on movement of individuals from 12:30 A.M. to 5.00 A.M. for all the non-essential activities have been removed.
• Schools and coaching institutions will be allowed to start functioning with full capacity in hybrid (offline/online mode) for all classes w.e.f. 14.02.2022
• Chandigarh Bird Park and Rock Garden will also open w.e.f. 12.02.2022
• The PGIMER will begin walk-in OPD in morning for one hour daily whereas the GMCH-32 & GMSH-16 will start full-fledged OPD w.e.f. 14.2.2022.
• All restrictions due to COVID on Markets, Shops, Apni Mandis, Establishments, Malls, Restaurants, Hotels, Bars, Cinema Halls, Multiplexes, Museums, Sports Complexes, Swimming pools, Gyms, Spas and Health Centres are removed in Chandigarh
• Gathering for any purpose will be restricted to 200 persons indoor and 500 persons for outdoor. However, the total number of persons shall not exceed 50% of the capacity in both indoor and outdoor gatherings.