The youth these days faces a dilemma. They face confusion while selecting an institution to study. And, every youngster’s parents with dreams in eyes cannot afford to pack their kid’s bags to foreign shores. Some parents cannot even afford college fee. But, institutions these days are offering scholarships to needy and scholarly students. Moreover, the growing number of educational institutions around Chandigarh has also helped the youth brigade. These institutions provide and support scholarships in various ways. I, being an educationist, would like to take you on a journey about scholarship schemes they offer.
Aryans Group of Colleges (AGC)
- It runs a unique scholarship program in unison with Dr. Kiran Bedi’s NGO, Navjyoti Foundation. It offers reduction in college fee to students on Merit Cum Means Basis.
- AGC, under its Social Responsibility Plan and Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Abhiyan of Govt Of India, offers special financial packages. These are for meritorious girl students.
- It also offers Army Scholarships to army personnel’s kids.
- Moreover, it pays 35% fee for meritorious students from tribal states of India.
Rayat Bahra University
The University has a philanthropic approach too.
- It awarded scholarships worth Rs 8.5 Crores in 2015. Now, isn’t that what we call a social call! It believes in “ Sare Padho Aage Badho”.
- Rayat Bahra awards scholarships on social needs basis. It provides 100 and 50% tuition fee waiver to those whose both parents are not alive.
- It also offers 50% tution fee waiver under “ Beti Padhao Atamnirbhar Banao” scheme. As per this scheme, 50% tuition fee of single girl child born to her parents is waived off.
- Further, it gives 25% tution fee waiver to all siblings who study in Rayat Bahra Group Institutions.
It is not behind in its socialistic goals.
- It runs a CUSAT( Chandigarh University Scholarship Admission Test) to provide financial assistance to students.
- In addition, it offers Free Ships to sports persons. Also, it gives scholarships to defence personnel and their wards under its Armed Forces Education Welfare Scheme.
The Non-Profit University is not lagging either.
- It also provides scholarships to SC/OBC students, J & K students and Minorities Section students under various government schemes.
- It has post metric scholarship offers for meritorious SC students.
- While Sachdeva Engineering College for Girls is already unique in a sense that it is specifically for girls.
- It also lays importance on social cause by providing scholarships to minorities, SCs, J & K students, sports persons etc.
- Finally, it gives 10 to 100 % tuition fee waiver to students on the basis of All India Rank in JEE(Mains).
Aren’t these education institutions serving a social cause? Yes, they are! The youth of Chandigarh can look up to these institutions for financial assistance.
So young fellows, what are you waiting for? Go, grab the opportunity!