In an effort to provide extra care to the most vulnerable hit of economic slowdown due to lockdown – especially the daily wagers, Panchkula DC in his June 1, 2020 has ordered a special group of incident commanders.
The five incident commanders are deputed in 5 labour chowk areas of Panchkula:
- Majri Chowk and Sector 20, near village Kundi
2. Sector 16/17 chowk near Budhanpur village
3. Gandhi Chowk, Kalka and Pinjore police station triangle
4. Bus stand, Barwala and
5. Anaj Mandi, Raipur Rani.
The incident commanders will daily visit the areas till construction work resumes. They will check:
1. If the construction workers are registered with Haryana Building and Other Construction Workers (BOCW) Welfare Board.
2. If they are, then whether they have been credited their fortnightly welfare amount into their account,
3. If no, then whether the construction worker possess a yellow ration card that is issued by the Haryana government.
4. If no, they will get a Distress Ration Token issued to them.
Source: Hindustan Times
Image Credits: Google Images