During the lockdown, which is scheduled to end on May 3, the Union Home Ministry on Tuesday has allowed functioning of the following:
- Booksellers: Shops selling school books for students will be permitted to start sales.
- Electric fan stores: Shops of electric fans will be allowed to open during the lockdown.
- Public utilities: Mobile phone prepaid recharge facilities will also be available.
- Bedside attendants: Care givers to senior citizens residing in their homes will be allowed to offer services.
- Food processing units: Flour mills, dal mills, milk processing plants, and bread manufacturing units can resume operations in urban areas.
However, social distancing norms are inevitable. Factories, establishments, workshops, and offices must ensure that they are practised.
The MHA’s decision came in the light of queries with respect to exemptions of certain activities and services permitted during the ongoing lockdown.
News Source: The Tribune
Image Source: Google Images