Chandigarh administration today took stock of COVID-19 situation in the UT and took major decisions amongst which is not imposing night curfew in the city. After Himachal Pradesh and Punjab re-imposing night curfew, UT administration took a decision of not replicating the same here.
Major decisions taken:
• The fine for not wearing masks in public places will be increased from Rs.500 to Rs.1000.
• There will be no night curfew in Chandigarh. However, the closing time of bars, restaurants, clubs etc. will be reviewed in the next meeting, in case of surge in number of covid cases.
• The coaching institutes will be permitted to open from December 1, subject to strict observance of covid protocol; both in classes and hostels. They will be directed to concentrate on online teaching; rather than physical classes.
• The UT Administrator directed the health officials to intensify corona checking and testing in crowded places like ISBT, Sector-26 Mandi, Railway Station, Sukhna Lake, Rock Garden and crowded market areas.
• The UT Administrator directed officials to be ready for storage, transportation, distribution and planned vaccination of people, once the corona vaccine is made available.
The UT Administrator appealed people to take all precautions and wear masks, “Masks are real vaccine, till real medical vaccine is found.”
Image Credits: Google Images