Come this June 4, 2018, there will be first ever Heli Taxi between Chandigarh and Shimla which will reduce the travel time to just 20 minutes from around 3 hours on road.
Heli Taxi service is being introduced by Pawan Hans Ltd in collaboration with the state government of Himachal Pradesh. The service will also boost Heli Tourism across the state.
Details of the Pawan Hans Heli Taxi
- A 20-seater chopper will be used for the service
- The fare is Rs 2,999
- The morning flight will take just 20 minutes to complete its journey between the two state capitals.
- From Chandigarh to Shimla, the chopper will leave at 9:00 am and reach Shimla at 9:20 am.
- For passengers travelling from Shimla to Chandigarh, at 8:00 am, the chopper will leave from Shimla airport and at 8:20 am the chopper will reach Chandigarh.
- Initially, the Pawan Hans Heli Taxi service will be available every Monday as well as Friday. However, depending on the response the Heli Taxi service gets from the passengers, the frequency of the service will be increased.
Source: Financial Times
Image Credits: Google Images