30 days on, and the much celebrated Chandigarh smart parking app, Arya Smart Parking App Chandigarh, has started loosing its sheen. The daily bookings’ count has dropped down to just 100 from initial 500.
Reasons: Technical glitches and Mismanagement by the parking lot staff.
The company managing the parking lots, Arya Toll Infra Limited, has blamed the parking lot staff for mismanagement and poor enforcement.
- Parking Lot Staff Mismanagement: The Chairman of Federation of Sectors Welfare Association of Chandigarh Baljinder Singh Bittu revealed how parking attendants are encouraging haphazard parking and making extra money by stuffing parking lot beyond its capacity. “They ask the driver to leave his/her vehicle in neutral and allow it to be parked anywhere in the parking lot.” Also there have been instances app users’ bookings being denied by parking attendants maintaining that they can’t refuse others if parking space is available.
- Poor enforcement: Project Coordinator Sandeep Bhora has pointed finger at Chandigarh Municipal Corporation for poor enforcement. People freely park their vehicles on road-side illegally without worrying of being penalised. He added that there is a fear of scuffles at parking lots if later ones’ given parking space when first one told that the parking space is full.
- Technical Glitches: Many app users have complained that many a times app does not open and when it does, the the page in the app with available parking lots shows blank. There have been cases when on successful booking through app, users could not find parking space at the parking lot.
With interest fading in the use of the Smart Parking app, the incurring loss due to software cost runs high.
The Arya Smart Parking App was launched on December 6 by UT Administrator V P Singh Badnore at Punjab Raj Bhawan high aspirations of relieving residents of their parking woes. The three major objectives which the app was expected to fulfill:
- Show the vacant parking slots details for two-wheelers and for four-wheelers.
- Let user book parking space in advance.
- Help user locate his/her pre-booked parking space.
On arrival at the parking lot, the app user has to show his QR code and make the payment at the time of exit.
The Arya Smart Parking App is surely a very helpful project provided all the glitches faced on-field are ironed out.
Source: The Indian Express
Image Credits: Google Images
ALSO READ: Come Fall in Love AGAIN With Musical Maestro ARIJIT SINGH LIVE in Chandigarh