With tricity showing good sign on new COVID-19 falling infections, PGIMER Chandigarh has decided to restart physical OPDs from November 2.
Following the norms of social distancing, each OPD will cater to a fixed number of 50 patients, however, the number of can be increased or decreased as per the situation.
Patients without Prior Appointment
All those patients who visit the OPDs without a prior appointment, will be attended to through tele-consultation. The number of patients that will be attended to is going to be decided by the departments that are operating special clinics and general OPDs.
• Registration timings for tele-consultation – from 8 am to 9.30 am.
• The departments of general surgery, internal medicine, paediatric medicine, gynaecology and ophthalmology – daily OPDs.
• OPDs will function as per the existing schedule
• Tele-consultation services will continue and will also act as the point of getting appointments to visit the OPDs. Patients evaluated through tele-consultation and requiring physical examination will be called to the PGI on an appointment basis.
• Hourly slots will be made by the concerned department and patient will be intimited through an SMS on the registered mobile.
• The Department of Community Medicine will be responsible for the screening system for patients, who would be asked to visit the OPDs in person.
Source: The Tribune
Image Credits: Google Images