True to its title of being The City Beautiful, Chandigarh may find a spot in the top 10 cleanest cities in the Swachh Survekshan-2017.
The final ranking will be released by Union Urban Development Minister on May 4.
Chandigarh secured second rank in previous survey with Mysuru bagging the first.
About the Swachh Survekshan-2017
- Survey was conducted by the Quality Council of India. It is associated with the Urban Development Ministry.
- The survey was commissioned by the Ministry of Urban Development.
- It was conducted in January and February this year.
- More than 18 lakh citizens were asked to give their views on sanitation in cities. They responded to a set of six questions.
- Besides, 421 assessors of the Quality Council of India physically inspected 17,500 locations in 434 cities and towns.
- As many as 2,680 residential locations, 2,680 commercial locations and 2,582 commercial and public toilets were inspected in these cities and towns for on the spot third party assessment.
- The survey was conducted to assess the measures taken by the cities to improve sanitation, strategies followed to bring about behavioural changes and the overall impact of the Swachh Bharat Mission.
Source: The Tribune