The UT Chandigarh has made high security registration plate (HSRP) and third registration mark (colour-coded sticker) affixed on old or new vehicle mandatory in the city. Any violation of this rule will be penalised.
According to information provided on web portal chdtransport.gov.in:
• Series ‘CH01BK’ & ‘CH01BL’: Registered vehicle owners of these series are to apply for the affixation of the HSRP and the third registration mark in the Registering and Licensing Authority (RLA) office, Sector 17, within the month of February.
• Series ‘CH01BM’ to ‘CH01BT’: The vehicles owners should apply at the RLA office, Sector 17.
• Others: The registered owners of vehicles of other old or existing series can apply in the offices of the RLA in Sector 17, the SDM (South) in Sector 42 and the SDM (East) in the Industrial Area, Phase I.
Failing to do so will invite a prosecution under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, CMV Rules, 1989.
• Additionally, dealers have also been authorised by the Transport Department, Chandigarh, to affix colour-coded sticker and HSRPs on old and new vehicles.
• Replacement of existing registration plate: It can be done only after ensuring that the old plate has been surrendered and destroyed on the office premises.
Source: The Tribune
Image Credits: Google Images