Winters are here, so is the age-old tradition of trains and flights running late. Chandigarh International Airport has resultingly changed its winter flight schedule.
The winter flight schedule, released by Chandigarh International Airport Limited (CHIAL), will be implemented from December 3 to February 17, 2018.
As per the new schedule, 29 flights will operate from the airport, starting at 6.55 am till 3.30 pm. The first flight to land on Chandigarh airport will be from Delhi.
Flight operators have also changed their flight frequency.
- Air India, Jet Airways and IndiGo – 7 flights each
- Vistara, AirAsia and SpiceJet – continue as earlier (no change)
- Delhi-Chandigarh-Delhi GoAir flight – cancelled
- Chandigarh-Mumbai GoAir flight – postponed to 12.50pm
- Chandigarh- Kullu Air India flight to Kullu – cancelled
- Chandigarh-Delhi Air India flight (which was started on October 30 and is the first flight to arrive at the airport) – to be discontinued from December 15
- Chandigarh to Bangkok Air India flight – to operate thrice a week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Chandigarh-Dubai and Chandigarh-Sharjah: no change
As revealed by CHIAL PRO Deepesh Joshi, the schedule for Jet Airways was yet to be confirmed and would be revised after December 7.”
Flight operations in Chandigarh usually are hit due to fog and resulting low visibility. Already due to airport runway repairs, the airport operations have been reduced to 5 am to 4 pm from October 3 to March 31, 2018 and on Sundays, there are no flight operations.
News Source: The Tribune