Now, there is an official mobile app which will be your personal guide to visit and explore the city beautiful. A Delhi based company has created an application, GoWhatsThat, which will make places of historical importance easily identifiable for tourists and residents alike.
Features of the GoWhatsThat mobile application:
- Enables view the information in a hassle-free way
- Information can be accessed in 50 languages
- Users can explore the spots in multimedia content, available in the form of audio, video, text and pictures.
- There are 1,100 tags which have been placed at different tourist spots and would give unique information about each artefact. 119 tags are already placed at Rock Garden, Chandigarh , and the rest are being placed at prominent tourist locations of Chandigarh like Sukhna Lake, Capital Complex and museum.
- Tourists can scan the QR code or use NFC to get detailed information about the history of a particular spot.
The application is also said to assist Chandigarh administration in data analytics which can provide real-time updates for each spot including number of tourists visiting the places, scan details and so on.
Image Source: Google Images